ISRO Vacancy 2023 for Assistant and More A Golden Opportunity to Join ISRO
Table of contents | विषयसूची
- Introduction to ISRO and SAC
- Overview of the Advertisement and Vacancies
- Essential Qualifications for All Post:
- Age Limit and Relaxation:
- Application Process and Important Dates
- Selection Procedure for ISRO Vacancy 2023
- Pay Scale and Benefits
- Career Growth and Opportunities
- Tips for Cracking the Selection Process
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is renowned globally for its pioneering work in space technology and exploration. It plays a pivotal role in the development of India's space capabilities and has contributed significantly to various missions. The Space Applications Centre (SAC) in Ahmedabad is one of the leading centers under ISRO's umbrella, focusing on the design and development of space-borne instruments for terrestrial and planetary missions.
Introduction to ISRO and SAC
ISRO, a part of the Department of Space (DOS), aims to harness space technology for national development. It has been instrumental in launching satellites for communication, earth observation, and navigation purposes. SAC, located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, is dedicated to developing innovative solutions and applications using space technology.
Overview of the Advertisement and Vacancies
The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) has released an advertisement inviting applications for various positions of Assistant, Driver, and Cook for talented male and female candidates in India. Interested and eligible candidates who meet the prescribed educational qualifications as determined by the department can apply online through the ISRO website for ISRO Recruitment 2023 for 10th, 12th, and Graduate positions. The official website for online applications is https://www.isro.gov.in
Below is a table providing detailed information on the number of positions, departmental notification, application procedure, selection process, educational qualifications, last date, and other relevant details related to the ISRO Recruitment 2023 for 10th, 12th, and Graduate positions. It presents an excellent opportunity for talented candidates in India seeking jobs in ISRO.
If you are interested in ISRO Recruitment 2023 for 10th, 12th, and Graduate positions and meet the prescribed educational qualifications determined by the department, there is no need to delay. Apply as soon as possible. The application process started on 27-05-2023. The application process will only remain open for a few days, and the last date for registration is 16-06-2023.
To provide the most up-to-date and accurate information, we will keep you updated on this recruitment from time to time. Please check our homepage regularly or join our social media platforms such as WhatsApp, Telegram, Twitter, and Facebook, where we provide daily updates on employment, examinations, and other relevant information.
Essential Qualifications for All Post:
|Post Code||Name of the Post||Total No. of Vacancies||Essential Qualifications|
|01||Assistant||Total-01 (UR-01)||- Graduation with a minimum of 60% marks or CGPA of 6.32 on a 10-point scale as declared by any recognized University. The graduation should have been completed within the stipulated time prescribed by the University.- Hindi typewriting speed of 25 w.p.m on Computer.- Proficiency in the use of Computers.- Knowledge in English Typewriting (desirable qualification).|
|02||Cook||Total-02 (UR-01, ST-01)||SSLC/SSC/Matric/10th Std. Pass- 5 years' experience in a similar capacity in a well-established Hotel/Canteen. Experience certificates from individuals will not be accepted.|
|03||Light Vehicle Driver 'A'||Total-06* (UR-04, SC-01, OBC-01)||- SSLC/SSC/Matric/10th Std. Pass.- 03 years of experience as a Light Vehicle Driver.- Must possess a valid Light Vehicle Driving license.- Any other requirement of the Motor Vehicle Act of Gujarat should be met within 3 months after the candidate joins the post.|
Age Limit and Relaxation:
|Post Code||Name of the Post||Age Limit|
|01||Assistant (Raj Bhasha)||18 to 28 years|
|02||Cook||18 to 35 years|
|03||Light Vehicle Driver 'A'||18 to 35 years|
|OBC candidates||3 years|
|SC/ST candidates||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen||As per government rules|
|Persons with Benchmark Disabilities||As per government rules|
|Serving Govt. employees||As per government rules|
|Widows, Divorced women||As per government rules|
|Women judicially separated and not remarried||As per government rules|
Application Process and Important Dates
- Follow instructions carefully while filling applications.
- Enter correct data in the relevant columns as required.
- Guidelines for uploading Photo and Signature:
- It is mandatory to upload a recent Color Passport Size Photograph and signature.
- The Passport Size Photograph should be a JPEG file of less than 1 MB.
- Selfies are not allowed.
- Frontal view of the full face should be visible.
- Background should be plain/white.
- Blurred photographs or images other than the recent color passport size photograph will be rejected.
- Black and white photographs are not allowed.
- The application will be submitted online.
- The online registration will be available from 27.05.2023 at 09:00 AM to 16.06.2023 at 05:30 PM.
- Detailed advertisement and online application form can be accessed at https://www.sac.gov.in or https://careers.sac.gov.in.
- Upon online registration, applicants will be provided with an online Registration Number, which should be preserved for future reference.
- Take a printout of the application summary.
- Fields marked with * are mandatory and must be filled.
- Caste/Tribe Certificate, OBC Certificate, Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD) Certificate, Discharge Certificate/NOC for Ex. Servicemen should be uploaded in the prescribed format.
|Opening date for online registration||27.05.2023 at 09:00 AM|
|Closing date for online registration||16.06.2023 at 05:30 PM|
Payment of Fees:
- Initially, all candidates have to pay ₹500/- as the application fee (excluding applicable taxes/charges).
- Candidates belonging to fee-exempted categories will be refunded the full fee.
- All Women, Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PWBD) and Ex-Servicemen (ESM) candidates belonging to fee-exempt categories.
- Other candidates will be refunded ₹400/- after retaining the application fee of ₹100/-.
Note: Refund of fees will be considered only for candidates who appear in the written test (applicable to all post codes).
Selection Procedure for ISRO Vacancy 2023
The selection procedure for the posts mentioned in the document consists of two levels: a Written Test and a Skill Test. Here is a breakdown of the selection process for each post:
Post Code-01: Assistant (Rajbhasha)
1. Written Test:
- Objective type test of 120 minutes' duration.
- The syllabus and pattern of the written test are provided in Annexure-I.
- Qualifying Marks: Candidates belonging to the ST category must secure a minimum of 40% marks in Part A, B, C & D.
- Based on the written test scores, candidates will be called for the skill test.
2. Skill Test:
- The skill test consists of two parts:
a. Computer Literacy Test: The syllabus and pattern for this test are provided in Annexure-II.
b. Hindi Typing Test: Candidates need to type a given passage of 250 words in Hindi at a speed of 25 words per minute using INSCRIPT keyboard with UNICODE font.
- Pass Criteria:
- Computer Literacy Test: Candidates must score at least 50% marks.
- Hindi Typing Test: Candidates must make a maximum of 8% mistakes.
- Final selection will be based on the written test marks among the candidates who qualify in the skill test.
Post Code-02: Cook
1. Written Test:
- The syllabus and modalities of the written test will be published on the website later.
2. Skill Test:
- The skill test will be evaluated on a 'go-no-go' basis.
- Marks obtained in the skill test will not be considered for final selection.
- The skill test will be evaluated on a 100-point scale, and candidates must score a minimum of 60% marks to qualify.
- Empanelment will be done in the order of marks obtained in the written test among the candidates who qualify in the skill test.
Post Code-03: Light Vehicle Driver (A)
1. Written Test:
- The written test consists of one paper with 100 objective type questions, carrying one mark each.
- The duration of the written test is 120 minutes (2 hours).
- The syllabus for the written test is provided in Annexure-III.
2. Skill Test:
- Candidates who score a minimum of 50% marks in Part A and a combined minimum of 50% marks in Part B, Part C, and Part D of the written test will qualify for the skill test.
- The final selection will be based on the total marks obtained in the written test, and shortlisting for the skill test will be based on the qualifying marks in all sections of the written test.
In case of a tie in the written test scores, the tie-breakers mentioned in the document will be applied to determine the merit of the candidates.
Pay Scale and Benefits
|Post Code||Post Name||Level in the Pay Matrix||Pay Scale|
|01||Assistant (Raj Bhasha)||Level-04||₹25,500-₹81,100|
|03||Light Vehicle Driver 'A'||Level-03||₹21,700-₹69,100|
- Additional benefits include Dearness Allowance (DA), House Rent Allowance (HRA), and Transport Allowance as per existing rules.
- Employees will be covered under the New Pension System.
- Medical facilities for self and dependents, subsidised canteen, limited quarters facility (in lieu of HRA), Leave Travel Concession, Group Insurance, House Building Advance, etc., are provided as per Central Government orders.
Career Growth and Opportunities
ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation) offers various career growth opportunities and a promising professional trajectory. Here are some key aspects of career growth and opportunities in ISRO:
- Diverse Fields: ISRO encompasses a wide range of domains, including space science, satellite technology, rocketry, remote sensing, communication systems, and more. This diversity allows individuals to explore different areas of interest and expertise.
- Research and Development: ISRO focuses on research and development, providing ample opportunities for scientists, engineers, and technicians to contribute to groundbreaking projects and technological advancements in space exploration.
- Challenging Projects: ISRO undertakes complex and challenging projects, such as satellite launches, lunar missions, interplanetary explorations, and space applications. Being part of these projects offers a chance to work on cutting-edge technologies and push the boundaries of space science.
- Collaboration and Networking: ISRO collaborates with international space agencies, research institutions, and industry partners. This collaboration facilitates knowledge exchange, exposure to global advancements, and opportunities for professional networking.
- Training and Skill Development: ISRO emphasizes continuous learning and skill development. Employees are provided with training programs, workshops, and access to the latest tools and technologies, enabling them to enhance their expertise and stay updated with industry trends.
- Career Progression: ISRO offers a well-defined career progression path for its employees. Starting from entry-level positions, individuals can advance through promotions, performance-based increments, and higher responsibilities. The organization recognizes and rewards outstanding performers.
- Leadership Opportunities: ISRO provides avenues for individuals to take on leadership roles and manage teams. As employees gain experience and expertise, they can take up managerial positions, lead projects, and contribute to shaping the future of space research and exploration.
- Job Security and Benefits: Working with a premier government organization like ISRO offers job security and benefits. Employees enjoy competitive salaries, allowances, healthcare facilities, and retirement benefits as per government norms.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: ISRO encourages innovation and entrepreneurship within its ecosystem. The organization supports individuals who aspire to launch startups or commercial ventures based on space technology, enabling them to contribute to the socio-economic development of the country.
- National Pride and Impact: Being part of ISRO gives individuals a sense of national pride and the opportunity to contribute to the country's space missions and advancements. The work done at ISRO has a significant impact on various sectors, including communication, weather forecasting, disaster management, navigation, and scientific research.
These factors make a career in ISRO rewarding, intellectually stimulating, and impactful, attracting aspiring professionals who are passionate about space science and technology.
Tips for Cracking the Selection Process
The selection process for ISRO vacancies can be competitive, but with the right preparation and approach, you can increase your chances of success. Here are some tips to help you crack the selection process:
Thoroughly understand the job requirements: Familiarize yourself with the job description, essential qualifications, and responsibilities of the Assistant (Raj Bhasha) post. This will help you tailor your preparation accordingly.
Stay updated with current affairs: ISRO often includes questions related to space technology, science, and current affairs in their examinations. Stay updated with the latest developments in these areas to perform well in the written test.
Practice time management: Time management is crucial during the written examination. Practice solving previous years' question papers within the stipulated time to improve your speed and accuracy.
Improve language skills: As the Assistant (Raj Bhasha), proficiency in Hindi and English is essential. Work on enhancing your vocabulary, grammar, and typing speed in both languages.
Stay calm and confident during the interview: If you qualify for the interview round, be confident and showcase your knowledge and passion for space technology. Prepare well by practicing common interview questions and highlighting your relevant skills and experiences.
Remember, preparation and dedication are key to cracking the selection process. With the right mindset and consistent efforts, you can fulfill your dream of working with ISRO.
The ISRO Vacancy 2023 for the Assistant (Raj Bhasha) post presents a golden opportunity for individuals passionate about space technology and eager to contribute to the nation's development. ISRO, through its Space Applications Centre (SAC), offers a stimulating work environment, competitive salaries, and opportunities for career growth.
If you meet the essential qualifications and possess the required skills, don't miss out on this chance to join ISRO. Stay updated with the official notifications and start your preparations early. With determination and hard work, you can fulfill your dreams of becoming a part of the prestigious ISRO family.